What I want this week.

9.27.2010

A palladian mirror...

I always love mixing a skosh of historic pieces (aka ANTIQUES), modern elements, traditional garb, french country flair, minimalistic outlines and anything else that tickles my fancy when I create a new atmosphere. One of my girlfriends and I always laugh when someone ask us how we decorate?

Let's see how to throw a palladian mirror into the mix. Check out these pictures below of how to incorporate this into your home!


(Thank you for the inspiration Horchow.)

(Thank you for the inspiration Restoration Hardware.)

(Thank you for the inspiration Helen Norman.)

(Thank you for the inspiration BoBo.)

And this window must go in my dream home. How much do you love the shelf in front?
(Thank you for the inspiration, "my hero," Jill Sharp.)
Love Palladian as much I do?
Palladian comes from Palladian Architecture. Palladian architecture comes from Mr. Andrea Palladio (b.1508-d.1580). Born in Italy, Mr. Palladio designed palaces and country villas for the wealthy. His grand designs usually have many of the following characteristics: columns, stonework, strong symmetry, and the famous large central window with a paneled semicircular arch. Some famous palladian architecture.

The Chieregati Palace Vicenza in Italy by Mr. Andrea Palladio

and some American Palladian architecture. Mr. Thomas Jefferson's Monticello estate.

Learn more from Mr. Palladio by purchasing his book at AMAZON.

See you soon, Alli.


No comments: