It's about that time of year...

10.15.2010

When I was in college, my girlfriends would love it when I sang my song..."It's about that time of year for pumpkin spice bread." That's all there is to the song... hehe! Short and sweet. But it meant... Allison was baking Williams Sonoma Pumpkin Spice Bread. The leaves were changing colors in Austin and Fall was approaching. Well since then, I have graduated to homemade Pumpkin bread. No more WS mix. But this year I found a new recipe at The Waspy Redhead.  

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
Ingredients:

3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon (I used pumpkin pie spice instead)
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 2/3 cups sugar
2/3 cups softened butter
4 whole eggs
1 can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling!)
2/3 cups water
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Sift together dry ingredients and set aside. Cream sugar and butter until well incorporated. Add eggs one at a time and then add the mashed pumpkin. Alternate adding dry ingredients with water. Fold in chocolate chips.
Pour into two large greased bread pans and bake at 325 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.

As you can see.... I'm not the "prettiest" baker but this is the BEST bread! Make it and enjoy! Happy Fall.
 
See you soon, Alli.

No comments: